How to Apply for Training Course Accreditation
If you are an organization that wants to provide an Open Group Accredited Training Course, you need to take the following steps:
Read the Certification and Accreditation Policies, Conformance Requirements and Accreditation Requirements, the Accreditation Agreement, and the Accreditation TMLA to become familar with the program and the requirements for accreditation.
These documents are all available using the links in the navigation bar on the left of this screen.
- Ensure you have a valid Commercial License for use of the TOGAF 9.1 standard.
Download, print, sign, and return to The Open Group legal department the following agreements:
Open Group legal will counter-sign the agreements and return a copy to you.
- Accreditation Agreement, along with the Training Course Schedule
- Accreditation TMLA, along with the Trademark License Schedule
- Set-up an account in the certification and accreditation system for your organization.
Prepare an Accreditation Package for each training course you wish to have accredited.
The Accreditation Package comprises an Accreditation Checklist, Trainer Credentials, Course Documentation, and Quality Management System Documentation, which are uploaded to your web account, and a Conformance Declaration, which is completed via a web-based form. [Note: At the moment, the web-based Conformance Declaration is not available and you should use the Accreditation Conformance Statement Questionnaire.] A template for the Accreditation Checklist must be downloaded using the link in the navigation bar on the left.
- When you are done, register each course in the system by logging in to your organization's account (created at step 4).
- Submit the Accreditation Package by completing the Conformance Declaration [or Accreditation CSQ] and uploading the Accreditation Checklist, your Trainer Credentials, Course Documents, and Quality Management System Documentation as supporting documents.
Pay the accreditation fees
You may make payments by either selecting Credit Card or Alternative Payment in the system. If you need help determining the correct fee amount or would like an invoice, please contact the Certification Authority.
- The Certification Authority will check to ensure that all required legal agreements are fully executed, fees have been paid, and all submitted documents are acceptable. The Certification Authority will then have an assessor perform an assessment of your Accreditation Package. The assessor may contact you with questions during the assessment. The Certification Authority will inform you of the outcome of the accreditation process.
- Once your training course is accredited, it will be added to the Accredited Course Register. You will then be able to train students to prepare them for the TOGAF examination and certification.
Adding Affiliates for an Accredited Training Course
If you are an ATC Provider and would like to add an Affiliate for your Accredited Training Course, instructions are provided here.